Instructions for correctly migrating EBA DMS to a new server.
Notes: Below notes are written only as recommendations. Full instructions eg. migration process can not be written because each client has slightly different layout and settings and is impossible to replicate each environment. It is recommended that you first perform the migration for the test.
The procedure is as follows:
All users should save and finish the work and close the EBA DMS client. Make the database inaccessible to all users before starting work, only allow access from the computer on which the work will be performed (usually server).
Another option is to temporarily rename the .ini file so that the database connection to the program will not be possible.
- Make a full backup of the database.
- Install a database on the new server. Make database user. Perform a basic database configuration. If you are using MS SQL database, make sure you followed following instructions while creating new database: Setting up MS SQL database
- Install the EBA DMS (Client, Application Services, and EBA printer if needed) on the new server.
You must install the same version as you had on the old server.
- Restore the database backup on the new server.
- Make the database on the old server inaccessible so that no one will connect to the old database.
- Back up EBA DMS folders, EBAAutomaion_ [name], EBA_share folders, or keep the old server fully accessible until you fully validate system on the new server.
- Check all database connections . Check all entries in .ini file, check entries in ControlCenter and check entries for external database (if you have changed server IP for example).