The settings for the SMTP server is entered in the menu Administration> Messaging.
Enter the required data and then click on the “Test connection button” to check if the connection with SMTP server works.
The default port is set to 25, if you use other port, set it by adding a colon and the port number to the SMTP server address (picture below).
After changing the SMTP server settings, it is MANDATORY to reset the Messenger service.
Additional instructions for Office365
When using the Office365 solution, we recommend that you use the MS documentation:
On the Messaging tab, select the actions that trigger the notification by clicking on them.
Actions that trigger notifications:
- Forwarded – the user received the document in his office,
- Access granted – the user has been granted access to the document,
- Classified – the document has been classified in a classification whose administrator is the user,
- Forwarded batch – a package from the scanner room was forwarded to user
- Received batch – the user has received a package from the scanner room
- Template change – a template used by user has been changed
Additional criteria can be set with time rules, and triggering is performed at a specific interval. In this case, we need to set the time rule and set the task in EBA CC.
The highlighted actions mean that the user will receive a message in the EBA DMS (in the message box at the bottom right) when the relevant action is performed on the document. For each flagged campaign, you can select email notification from the drop-down list in the Additional column, where you have two options:
“If user is not logged in send an email notification” means that the user will receive an email notification if he is not logged in to the EBA DMS. “Always send an email notification” means that the user will always receive an email notification, regardless of whether he is logged in to the system or not.
If you do not select any entry from the list in the Additional field, the e-mail will not be sent, but only the window at the bottom right will appear when you log in to the system.
In the Other section, we set additional notification settings:
- Merge simultaneous messages for the same user
The recipient will not receive an x-number of messages, but simultaneous messages combined into one message.
- Add link to document in EBA DMS
The user can open the document directly from the e-mail client (the condition is of course installed EBA DMS client and access to the database)
- Add link to document in EBA DMS Mobile
If EBA DMS Mobile is used, a link to the document can be added and opened in the Web client.
V naslednjem razdelku lahko tudi nastavimo, kaj se zgodi, če se sistem ne more povezati na strežnik za obveščanje:
- Zavrzi sporočilo – sistem ne bo poslal sporočila
- Poskušaj, dokler sporočilo ni starejše od (nastavi št. dni in ur) – sistem bo poskušal poslati sporočilo do določene vrednosti
- Vedno pošlji – sistem bo vseeno poslal sporočilo.
Default user notification settings
In this section, you can set the default notification for users when submitting a document and granting access – the program automatically sets the notification check box, otherwise it must be set manually.
Qualified Certificate Notifications
The function is described on the Certificate Expiration Notification page.
Content and appearance of notices
On the Email tab, you can edit the content of the e-mail notifications. You can set the content of the message for each action separately, you can choose the language of the message, edit the subject and the body of the message.