The EBA DMS allows you to create archive databases and move documents to them. The aim of this feature is to be able to offload the active database, as the archive databases can be physically separated from the active database, thus offloading the hardware on the server and also to be able to control the size of the individual databases. This makes it easier to maintain the entire system.
Document searches in EBA DMS are performed in parallel – all active and enabled databases are considered in the search. When searching in the EBA DMS client, the user does not need to select which database to search.
Conditions for archiving a database:
– EBA DMS Enterprise licence,
– databases must be of the same type.
1. Creating an archive database
The procedure for creating archive databases is the same as for creating an active database, except that database creation can be edited in the Administration>Archive Databases menu.
2. Archive database settings in EBA DMS
A window opens where in the first tab you can set the connection to the database, but if you have a user with database creation rights, you can create the databases on the fly.
Enter the appropriate data for the database, remembering to fill in the Connection ID field, otherwise the program will warn you about it. The connection ID must be unique.
Click OK to save the database connection setting, and at the same time EBA DMS will create the tables on the new database.
We have the possibility to set the status of the archive database, depending on how we need to access the database:
- Active – main system database
- Enabled – archive database, with change tracking on the document. Option to return the document to the workflow. After processing (retention) the document will be saved in the active database.
- Read-only – no possibility to process the documents, no trace recording
- Disabled – database not accessible
3. Transferring documents to an archive database
In the Document Transfer tab, we set up and start the process of transferring documents to archive databases:
Select the relevant databases from the list (the database must be marked as active), then specify one of the criteria:
- Download documents by creation date
- Transfer documents by date of last modification
To start the process, click the Run button.
If you want to abort the process, click on the X button. To resume the process, press the run button again.